India now reopens to travelers. From February 14, 2022, all travelers can enter India without quarantine or nucleic acid test as long as you're fully vaccinated.
Why Visit India?
India is full of a variety of unique and vibrant cultures that never cease to amaze.
Experience India's incredible cultural heritage by exploring its historic sites from the marvelous architecture of luxurious forts and palaces to the serenity of Mughal-era gardens and mausoleums. Out of all of the architectural achievements of India, the Taj Mahal is one of the most breathtaking.
India is also an inspiring and peaceful place for the soul. This is the country that created Hinduism and Buddhism which are now the third and fourth-largest religions in the world. Many people come to India to use its ancient knowledge to find their inner peace. Yoga, meditation, and Hindu philosophy are taught at ashrams and spiritual centers across the country. The ancient Indian tradition of Ayurveda, a natural treatment using herbal oils, is also widely practiced and is available in most hotels.
India is also home to a variety of wildlife such as the Bengal and Indochinese tigers, snow leopards, Indian elephants, rhinoceros, and many others. The region's diverse wildlife is preserved in numerous national parks that travelers can explore to see these animals in the wild.
To express the pure joy of the triumph of good and the coming of spring.
Diwali, the Festival of Lights
Famous for its beautiful candles and clay lanterns.
Taj Mahal Architecture
The Taj Mahal is often called the "epitome of Mughal architecture" and was acknowledged as the "jewel of Muslim art" by UNESCO.
West Bengal’s capital, Kolkata, is its most popular destination, where one can visit many famous landmarks, such as the Victoria Memorial and Fort William.
A Palace Guide in India
India is home to many grand palaces – once the playground for Maharajas and monarchs throughout the country.
Learn about the spices used, and technique to prepare some popular cuisines.
India's diverse wildlife is preserved in numerous national parks.
Yoga in India
For travelers who enjoy yoga and want to better understand this ancient practice, there is no better place to go than India.
Popular Itineraries for India
The following itineraries have been designed to cover most of the important highlights you need to experience the best of India. These tours cover routes of cultural interest, natural beauty, and authentic experiences.
The first outlined here is a 7-day tour of India's Golden Triangle cities: Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. If you are interested in venturing into the wild with a jeep safari, observing the sacred rituals performed in along the Ganges, or trekking through the Himalayas our trip advisors will work with you to craft an itinerary that fits your travel goals and needs.
- Discover Old Delhi
- Witness Taj Mahal
- Admire the pink city
- Indian culture
- The roof of the world
- A paradise of Himalaya
- India's Golden Triangle
- The Kathmandu Valley
- The roof of the world
- Feel Indian culture
- Discover lovely wildlife
- See idyllic countryside
All You Need for Traveling in India
Top Travel Destinations in India
There are so many incredible places to visit in India that choosing the best destinations can be a daunting task. To help you decide the best destinations for your trip, here are some of our favorites. For first time travelers to India, the absolute must-see itinerary to get the full India experience is the Golden Triangle which includes the iconic cities of Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur.
After exploring the Golden Triangle, our favorite destinations are the holy Hindu city of Varanasi, the tiger reserve of Ranthambhore National Park, and the large cosmopolitan and crowded city of Mumbai. Our final recommended destinations include the three colorful cities in the desert state of Rajasthan — Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, and Udaipur.
Other Asian Countries
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 9-Day Classic South India Tour
- 14-Day Romantic Honeymoon Trip in India
- Top South India Tours, Classic India Tour Packages
- 9-Day India Golden Triangle with Varanasi
- 14-Day India Tour: Ideal for Western Families
- 12-Day India and Bhutan Tour
- 12-Day Historical and Idyllic South India Tour
- 10-Day North India Tour (Delhi to Shimla)
- 17-Day India and Sri Lanka Tour
- Best South Asia Tours to India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Bhutan
- Weather in India in January: Is It a Good Time to Visit? Where to Go
- Weather in February in India : Cold and Warm!
- Weather in India in March: Good for Travel or Not?
- Weather in India in April: Temperatures and Where to Go
- Weather in May in India : a Good Time to Go?
- Weather in India in June: the Monsoon Begins — OK to Travel?
- Weather in July in India : Too Wet to Travel?
- August Weather in India: Still Rainy? (5 Places to Go)
- Weather in September in India: Rainy or Not?
- Weather in India in October: Best Time for Pleasant Weather
- Weather in India in November — Dry Season Travel
- Weather in India in December: 7 Best Places to Visit in India in December
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.