Myanmar has eased its travel restrictions from May 15, 2022. All travelers are exempt from quarantine to visit Myanmar now as long as you're fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival.
Why Visit Myanmar?
Towering, gilded pagodas, ethereal archeological ruins, stunning landscapes and diverse culture are the main reasons why visitors have been flocking to Myanmar since the easing of the tourism boycott. Myanmar opened up much later than its neighbors, and it has retained its old-world charm relatively unscathed.
It is an ideal destination for travelers interested in Buddhism, with distinctive sights of long lines of monks in wine-colored robes and countless temples in different architectural styles. As well as its culture, Myanmar has gorgeous landscape, from pristine beaches and majestic rivers to tranquil lakes and ancient central plains. Its many scenic panoramas make it a haven for photographers.
Balloon Flights over Bagan
Most flights are in the early morning, offering an unrivaled perspective
Trekking in Kalaw
Kalaw was the hill station where the British fled to escape the hot plains of Myanmar
Ngapali Beach is picked as one of world's top 25 beaches by CNN.
River Cruise from Mandalay to Bagan
The best way to get from Mandalay to Bagan
Popular Itineraries for Myanmar
The best duration for a first Myanmar tour is 7-9 days, allowing wide-ranging visits, from the remnants of four royal capitals in Mandalay and the tranquil glassy Inle Lake, to the wonders of the ancient ruins of Bagan and the cultural hub of the largest city Yangon. If you have a few more days to spare, consider a trekking trip from Kalaw, or a leisurely holiday at Ngapali beach; or move on to explore Thailand.
All You Need for Traveling in Myanmar
Top Travel Destinations in Myanmar
First come to the two big cities, Mandalay and Yangon, which serve as the entry points for international visitors to the country. Mandalay is the only practicable base from which to explore the sights (such as Mandalay Hill and U-Bein Bridge) in and (such as Mingun, Inwa and Sagaing) outside the city. Yangon is the former capital and has retained much of its colonial charm. Next is Bagan, the archeological zone with more than 2,000 surviving monuments, perfect for air-ballooning.
Other Asian Countries
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 5-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary: 3 Options (2023/2024)
- How Long to Spend in Southeast Asia (for First Timers): from 2 Weeks to 2 Months
- How to Plan a Trip to Southeast Asia 2023/2024
- How to Plan a 10-Day Southeast Asia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary
- The Ultimate 4-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary for You! (Expert Advice)
- 2-Week Southeast Asia Itineraries for Couples, Families, and More
- Myanmar Weather in January - What to Wear and Bring
- Myanmar Weather in February - Lots of Sunny Days
- Myanmar Weather in March - From the Cool to the Hot
- Myanmar Weather in April - the Hottest Month
- Myanmar Weather in May - Beginning of the rainy season
- Myanmar Weather in June - the Rainy Season
- Myanmar Weather in July - Rainfall Reaches its Peak
- Myanmar Weather in August - Heavy Downpours
- Myanmar Weather in September - Monsoon Rains Let up
- Myanmar Weather in October - Rainfall Decreases
- Myanmar Weather in November - Dry and Cool
- December Weather in Bagan - The Peak Travel Time
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.