Trying to plan a visit to Japan for the Sakura (cherry) blossom in spring, but don't know where to start?
Here we are pleased to share our well-planned itinerary with you. The perfect holiday experience is just one click away!
You can enjoy the seas of pink that are formed of cherry blossom with our professional guides in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka on this 10-day journey. Be ready to catch the best spring pictures and experience Japan during its high season!
Why Travel with Us
- The most competitive price without a big-coach-tour feel.
- The best destination connections to maximize your time and comfort.
- Unique AH hand-picked experiences as mentioned on this page.
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked) included in this tour:
Enjoy a worry-free guided hanami('viewing flowers in bloom') during the cherry blossom season.
Lose yourself in the rich history and various temples.
Witness the Fuji Five Lakes during the cherry blossom season.
Learn sushi making from a local family in Tokyo.
Experience the fastest train on the world-famous Shinkansen lines.
Having a memorable afternoon tea with a geisha.
Relax in a traditional local style ryokan (inn) in Kyoto.
Travel between the modern and old days of Osaka.
98.8% Positive Customer reviews among 10,000+
Sharon has been very helpful since the…
Sharon has been very helpful since the beginning coordinating our itinerary in order to accommodate everything we want to see, it been great working with herMore
May, Jul 2023
When I first book I was scared of what…
When I first book I was scared of what to expect, but oh my God! What an amazing experience this has been, from Sharon to all the guides Shawn and Mr. Ho, such amazing people! Their work is excellentMore
Saul Velez, Jul 2023
Albee was very helpful and responsive…
Albee was very helpful and responsive in helping me make plans for their 10 day Japanese tour.More
Bhavini Patel, Jul 2023
Alisa was a perfect tour consultant
Alisa responded to my numerous questions with efficiency and accuracy. She was constantly suggesting options to make the trip more enjoyableMore
Matha Goram, Jul 2023
I highly Recommend Asia Highlights
For our first guide Jun, he was amazing. Very accommodating. Kept in good communication & kept us on time for our activities. Reached out to me the night before to confirm meet times and locations. Our driver for this time was also so kind & driver was always on time. For our second Guide , Ho. He went above and beyond. He stayed in great communication. Stayed later with us on one of the days because we were worried about riding the train back alone but wanted to visit at the shopping center a littler longer, so he stayed with us and made sure we got off on the right stop! During our time with him he took pictures of us and sent them to us! He was very knowledgeable about every place we visited. He was kind and patient with our large group. He made our trip easy & memorable. The driver we had for this timeframe was also kind & always on time! We felt a bond with both guides given to us! If you want an easy going, stress free trip book with “Asia Highlights”!!!More
Jessalynn Flores, Jul 2023
Working to put together a custom trip…
Working to put together a custom trip with Alissa has been a great experienceMore
Marc, Jul 2023
Wonderful Service from Sharon!
Sharon at Asia Highlights has been a HUGE help in planning our trip to Japan later this year. From her initial contact to finalization of the plan, she has been very responsive, professional, patient, and knowledgeable. She was able to quickly propose an amazing itinerary and helped us customize it for our interests. She also made many great recommendations and gave us tips for the trip. I wasn’t familiar with Asia Highlights before I reached out, but after Sharon’s wonderful service, I have full confidence in them. I can’t wait for the trip and I hope it’s as awesome as Sharon’s service!!!More
Ali Tahir, Jul 2023
We had a wonderful time in Japan with guides Moni and Kazuko and with Jan in Singapore. Will always remember this trip!More
Happy Customer, Jun 2023
Just got to say
Just got to say, Monica was great in every way! So sweet and helpful with planning, itineraries, answering questions… would love to meet her in person! Thank you Monica!More
Teri, Jun 2023
Monica is fantastic
Monica is fantastic. She understood our needs, was very responsive and planned a perfect vacation for us. Highly recommend.More
Philip Sheldon, Jun 2023
Me and my son are traveling to Japan
Me and my son are traveling to Japan. Albee is magnificent. Extremely efficient, helpful, trustworthy. I am very happy she is helping us with my son's dreaming trip.More
Ana Letícia Urbanin, Jun 2023
A great way to plan a dream vacation
Due to circumstances, we had to delay our trip to Japan so this review is only about the process of designing the trip. Albee was always available, responsive to our goals, and competent. Based on how involved he was with our family trip, we know we will be back next year and resuming the plan he built. Really impressed with the quality and extent of resources we found through Albee and KimKim.More
KC, May 2023
Yeliz - Asia Highlights
Yeliz was extremely helpful and patient during our Japan trip planning and answered all my various questions. Really looking forward to our upcoming trip to Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, Kyoto and Osaka!More
Cyndie, May 2023
Sharon’s was very patient and helpful…
Sharon’s was very patient and helpful when navigating me through the trip planning process. She helped me plan a very exciting and extravagant trip.More
Jonny Abad, May 2023
Wonderful 10 day trip in Japan!!!
Well planned trip by Alisa . Everything was well scheduled, guides and drivers were excellent!! The cars were extremely comfortable and the hotel she chose for us was beautiful!! Enjoyed planning with her she was very professional and always offered other choices.More
Lianne Stone, May 2023
11 days trip to Japan
I am planning my trip to Japan in November with Sharon's help and she has provided amazing customer service.She is very responsive and put together very quickly an incredible plan for 11 days in Japan. She provided recommendations and made changes based on our interests and budget. She also provided information about visa restrictions and the best way to get tickets for transportation services. Thanks so much Sharon, looking forward to this trip!More
LE, May 2023
Hi Cathy! I just want to thank you for making our Japan trip so much fun & memorable! We loved everything that you had scheduled for us! All the guides and drivers were great & punctual! We love Japan so much that we’re planning to go back next year to different part of Japan! We’ll definitely contact Asia Highlights for our trip again! SereneMore
Serene Storslett, May 2023
Quick, easy and detailed service
Alisa was our advisor from Asia highlights and she prepared for us a wonderful 28 day trip to Japan, taking into consideration our needs and desire not to be traveling everyday and to have a mixture of slow and busy days. We've not yet taken our trip, but very much looking forward to it Thank you Alisa for the quick response and wonderful itineraryMore
Lynette Whittle, Apr 2023
Sharon Huang did an excellent job in planningour 15 day Cherry Blossom Japan tour. Shewas available during our trip to answer our questions and readily agreed to the itinerary changes.Everything was arranged - accommodation,breakfast, guide, car, entrance fees and train tickets. The guides were knowledgeable, and managed the tour very efficiently. The drivers were punctual and very patient. We visited must see places in and near Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima. We also got to experience Japanese Tea ceremony, Sushi making, Sake tasting, shopping etc.We highly recommend Asia Highlights for your travel needs.More
Madhu, Apr 2023
I organized a trip to Japan for my
I organized a trip to Japan for my parents who don’t speak English and Alisa was so amazing helping make an itinerary for them. They needed a Spanish guide and she coordinated everything so they wouldn’t have any trouble when they got there. She was so patient changing and adjusting the itinerary to their needs and wants, it’s been a total pleasure working with her and she always responds promptly to any question I have. I definitely recommend this company and if you can ask to work with Alisa.More
Luisa, Apr 2023
The Itinerary in Detail
- Konichiwa! Welcome to the capital city of Japan!
- Airport to hotel transport is up to you. We recommend a taxi.
Explore the fascinating city of Tokyo with its top attractions: Meiji Shrine, Omotesando avenue, Asakusa old district, and Hamarikyu garden:
- Walk among the history and be a part of the story of Meiji Shrine.
- See the world's top fashion trends at the Omotesando.
- Soak in the atmosphere of the Tokyo of old at Asakusa.
- Taste a cup of steaming matcha at the Edo Period Hamarikyu Garden, which is surrounded by futuristic skyscrapers.
Have a day excursion out of Tokyo by private car with a personal guide, and discover the beauty and stories of the Fuji Five Lakes area.
- Board a cruise, and sail around Lake Kawaguchiko.
- Admire the works of Kubota Itchiku, one of Japan's greatest kimono artists, at Kubota Itchiku Art Museum.
- Drive by Lake Saiko and Lake Shojiko to enjoy two other scenic lakes in the area.
- Get a glimpse of Aokigahara 'Sea of Trees' Forest — a mysterious forest that was born after an eruption of Mt. Fuji.
- Enter the Sengen Shrine in the thick cedar forest below Mt. Fuji, constructed in 788 AD.
Dive into the daily life of local Japanese, and enjoy a cheerful view of the sakura (cherry blossom) along the Sumida River.
- Pay a visit to the world's largest fish market – Tsukiji Market, and witness the daily life of locals
- Sample some of the freshly-prepared finger foods at the market if interested.
- Enter a typical Japanese home and learn to prepare maki sushi (rolled sushi), gunkan maki (wrapped rice balls), and nigiri sushi (rice fingers topped with raw fish).
- Enjoy a river boat ride on the Sumida River, smell the atmosphere of sakura and get great views of the cherry blossom along the river side for your hanami.
- Travel from Tokyo to Kyoto by the fastest train — a Nozomi (with private hotel transfer).
- Explore the back streets of Kyoto's geisha districts with the leading foreign geisha-culture expert.
- Sample traditional song and dance, and do games, which make great photo opportunities at a private ochaya (Geisha teahouse).
- Start the day trip by visiting one of Kyoto's most famous temples — Kinkaku-ji ('Golden Pavilion').
- Continue to Nijo Castle — a two-ring-fortfied, 400-year-old castle built by the founder of the Edo Shogunate as his Kyoto residence, surrounded by stunning gardens.
- Walk down Nishiki Market, a narrow, five-block-long shopping street lined by more than one hundred shops and restaurants. It's known as 'Kyoto's Kitchen'.
- Choose between visiting Kiyomizu ('Pure Water') Temple — under repair, but still enjoyable and a Kyoto landmark, or visit Sanjusangen-do — a temple that is Japan's longest wooden structure (120 m) instead.
- Enter Fushimi Inari Shrine, which was used in the movie "Memoirs of a Geisha".
- Quench your thirst at a sake brewery. Learn about the traditional brewing process, and then sample the different types of Japanese sake.
- Lose yourself on the Philosopher's Path, and enjoy the blossom of hundreds of cherry trees.
- Wander between Ginkaku-ji ('Silver Pavilion') and the neighborhood of Nanzen-ji and try not to count the small temples and shrines during the walk.
- Have a good rest after a week's travel.
- Our local guide and the hotel would be glad to provide suggestions for your own discovery of the city.
- Optional day-trips are avaliable!
- Step into the magnificent Osaka Castle as well as into the history of Osaka.
- Taste the famous street food takoyaki (octopus dumplings) in the bustling district of Dotonbori.
- Take the chance to admire famed Japanese prints from the 18th century, and make your own woodblock print at Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum.
- Astonish yourself with the panorama of Osaka City by standing in Floating Garden Observatory.
- We hope your journey home provides a happy conclusion to your holiday!
- Hotel to airport transport is up to you. We recommend a taxi. Your hotel would be glad to assist!
We select hotels with style and local features, and we may adujust the hotel arrangement based on their availability due to high demand.
Metropolitan Tokyo Ikebukuro (4-star)
Kyoto Ryokan the Kinoe (4-star)
Vischio Osaka by Granvia (4-star)
- Train tickets between Tokyo and Kyoto as mentioned in the itinerary.
- English-speaking tour guide and business vehicle service
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotels listed in the itinerary or similar options based on availability
- Breakfasts at hotels and listed meals in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
- International flights to Tokyo and depart from Osaka
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 10
- Tips for the guide and the driver
- Personal expenses
- Cancellation received up to 30 days before departure: 100% refund
- Cancellation received 14 to 29 days before departure: 50% refund
- Cancellation received 0 to 13 days before departure: 0% refund
Tour code: ah-jp-11-gp
*It is possible to have a private tour with the same itinerary as this one (or a bespoke version of it). Please contact us for a quote using the tour code: ah-jp-11-gp, and let us know any customization you would like.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- Japan Weather in January 2024: Quiet Winter Month
- Japan Weather in February 2024, Where to Go & Costs
- Japan Weather in March 2024, Travel Tips (for First-Timers)
- Japan Weather in April 2024: Best for Cherry Blossoms
- Japan Weather in May 2024, Where to Go and Costs
- Japan Weather in June 2023: Coolest Summer Month, Travel Tips
- Japan Weather in July 2023: Best for Festivals, Travel Tips
- Japan Weather in August 2023, Travel Tips (for First-Timers)
- Japan Weather in September 2023, Travel Tips (for First-Timers)
- Japan Weather in October 2023, Where to Go & Costs
- Japan Weather in November 2023: Best Autumn Month, Travel Tips
- Japan Weather in December 2023, Travel Tips (for First-Timers)
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.