This tour is designed for first-timers who would like a mix of natural and cultural experiences in Thailand and Cambodia. From amazing Angkor Wat to Thai cuisine flavors and wonderful beaches, our energetic-to-relaxed itinerary takes you from engaging Siem Reap and Bangkok to relaxing Chiang Mai and Phuket.
We are happy to customize it for you, maybe adding a special theme or activities for a birthday/honeymoon/anniversary, young children, etc.
*The cost for a customized private SE Asia tour from US$200/person/day
Thailand and Cambodia Tour Map (Suggested Route)
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Visit the famous Grand Palace and spectacular Wat Pho in Bangkok.
Discover the exquisite complex of temples, Angkor Wat, and the idyllic countryside in Siem Reap.
Take an ox cart ride through the countryside in Siem Reap.
Take a boat ride on Tonle Sap Lake to see the floating villages and Enjoy the sunset.
Indulge in the fabulous flavors of Northern Thailand during a home cooking experience in Chiang Mai.
Skip the commercail elephant camp. Have a close encounter with elephants in a green jungle.
Relax on the wonderful beaches in Phuket before heading back home.
98.8% Positive Customer reviews among 10,000+
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Wonderful Guides and Experience
Our large group arrived in Bangkok with Tanni as our guide. She was wonderful! An absolute joy to spend time with. She is knowledgeable, kind, and extremely funny. I don’t know what we would have done without her! After Bangkok, we traveled to Chang Mai, where Indy was our tour guide. She was a delight! She is kind, knowledgeable, and so patient. Our trip to Thailand was an adventure of a lifetime and these two women helped make it memorable. I would definitely use Asia Highlights for any future travel in Asia.More
Jessica Bennett, Jun 2023
Guide - Chai
We travelled from Vietnam to Bangkok and were blessed to have a guide named Chai. He was a superb guide and it is a pity we couldn't bottle him and take him home. He was very knowledgeable and an absolute gentleman. He could not have done enough to facilitate us and imparted so much knowledge about the Temples, Buddism and the History of Thailand in general. Not only did he give us a great overview of the past and current ways of living in Thailand but I also feel I came away a much better person having interacting with him. I will carry many of his teachings with me for the rest of my life and know that having met him was a very special blessing in my life.More
Customer, Jun 2023
Our guide Tanni was kind
Our guide Tanni was kind, knowledgeable, funny and beyond accommodating for our group. We felt like we'd made a friend and it enhanced our trip in the most positive way. Everything was coordinated perfectly which is not easy to do in a large traveling group. Excellent experience!More
Marissa Manson, Jun 2023
We are only on day 5 of our 15 day trip…
Our first stop so far was in Hanoi where our guide Trong was just so awesome! He shared about his culture and family life which showing us sites through a city tour. He was so funny making lots of jokes and always made sure we were having fun while learning about everything! He checked on us frequently even when we were no longer with him since we then went on a cruise in Halong Bay! Halong Bay and the cruise on Paradise Elegance went way above anything I expected. The scenery was breathtaking, the ship was so beautiful and clean with such fresh, good food! And I can’t sing enough praise for the staff who took care of us- especially Anna and Belle! They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed every aspect from eating meals with Anna to every other detail with Belle! I highly recommend Asian Highlights to help plan these extraordinary trips! This already has been a trip of a lifetime and we still have so much more to see all thanks to Cathy!!More
Diane Creitz, Jun 2023
Tanni for the win!
14 of my closest friends and family descended upon Bangkok ready to see the town. Asia highlights and Tanni took us on a tour that changed our lives. We experienced so much everyday. Tanni was amazing! She did all the thinking for us, so we all could just be present and enjoy the moment. I can’t recommend this company, and especially Tanni enough.More
Megan McGlynn, Jun 2023
This isn't my first trip with Asia…
This isn't my first trip with Asia Highlights. They are great at helping me plan, working my requests into the itinerary, and booking it all. We travel with friends and just got back from a trip to Thailand and Vietnam. Albee did a great job with all the details and we had a wonderful time. We will use them for our next adventure!More
Katie Potesta, Jun 2023
Although we have not been our trip yet I wanted to still write a review based on customer service and the ease of booking. Alisa has been extremely prompt and responsive with planning our trip to Thailand. She has had great recommendations and guidance to add to our custom itinerary. Highly recommend using Asia highlights! -AlexMore
Alex, May 2023
I have never hear of this company…
I have never hear of this company before , and after reading all these reviews ,I decided to give it a try . The professionalism and communicative skill received by one of the agent , Sharon of Asia Highlights , convince me that She was the right travel agent for my trip in Asia . Very quickly she communicated with me and got all the detail of my desire vacation . Sharon made me a great itinerary with great experiences that I am dreaming to experience and I am looking forward to it . Thanks Sharon for been so great and crafting me a dream vacation with great suggestions.More
orge alvarez, May 2023
Coco Yang worked tirelessly to…
From the moment I landed in Bangkok, Ms Noi Ying was there to welcome me and get me settled into my hotel. We enjoyed several days together touring Bangkok and Kanchanaburi. In Chiang Mai, Mr Ekachai took my son snd I on an amazing trip to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and to visit a community Lanna home, gardens and a hands-on cooking class preparing an authentic Thai meal. Lisa arranged a last-minute speedboat tour of 5 breathtaking islands in Phuket. From start to finish, the guides exceeded my expectations!! Thank you, Asia Highlight!! Debbie WoodsMore
Debbie Woods, May 2023
Suggested Itinerary for Inspiration
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful Thailand and Cambodia tour for you.
You will be met by your private tour guide at the airport and transferred to your hotel in a private car. The rest of the day is free for you to spend at your leisure.
- Start your day with listening to the monks chanting at the historic Wat Pho, which is one of the oldest temples in Bangkok.
- Take a tuk tuk ride via Pak Khlong Talat flower market to the Grand Palace. Immerse in the splendid history of Thailand.
- Continue with a relaxing long-tail boat ride along the ancient canals of Thonburi to get a flavor of the local life.
- Stop at the iconic Wat Arun, which was once the grand royal temple of Rama II.
- Cross the Chao Phraya River to Chinatown for a glance at Old Bangkok.
Fly from Bangkok to Siem Reap. Private transfers between the hotels and airports are provided in both cities.
- Cross the ancient moat and venture into the heart of Angkor Wat. Look back on the illustrious achievements of the Khmer Empire while strolling through Angkor Thom.
- Uncover the story of Bayon and greet its smiling faces, which have been guarding the imperial city throughout the long river of history.
- Wander around Ta Prohm in the shadow of towering trees and witness their giant roots devouring the ruins.
- Walk through the extraordinary Preah Khan and immerse yourself in its grandeur.
- Visit Banteay Srei, which is the jewel of Khmer art.
- Stop at the Cambodian Landmine Museum where you will be touched by the persistence of Cambodian efforts to clear life-threatening land mines.
- Take an ox cart ride through a country road lined with palm trees and surrounded by rice fields.
- Move on to visit Tonle Sap Lake and take a boat ride to Kampong Phluk.
- Visit to a mangrove forest nearby and enjoy a sunset cocktail on the lake
Fly from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai with a transit in Bangkok. Private transfers between the hotels and airports are provided in both cities.
- Spend half a day caring for the elephants at Elephant Rescue Park which ranks #1 on TripAdvisor for Chiang Mai.
- Interact with the elephants, feed them, walk with them, and hug them.
- Learn how to make some of the best home-cooked Thai dishes with a local family.
- Try dishes from the north, northeast, and central regions of Thailand.
- Start with a visit to a vibrant food and flower market in the morning
- Continue to Wat Suan Dok, the final resting place of the ashes of the former kings of Chiang Mai and the Thai royal family.
- Discover the iconic mountain, Doi Suthep, which is in one of the most famous national parks in Northern Thailand.
- Return to Chiang Mai and enjoy a 20-minute rickshaw ride through the quiet streets of the old town
- Fly to Phuket in the afternoon.
You will have two free days to spend at leisure by the beach. You might consider taking a speedboat trip to the many nearby tropical paradises, including the famous Phi Phi Islands, James Bond Island, or enjoy a serene cruise around the mystical Phang Nga Bay. Please contact our travel consultant for the add-ons available when you make an inquiry.
After breakfast, transfer to Phuket International Airport for your flight back home.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
Manohra Luxury Dinner Cruise
Bangkok Evening Food Tour by Tuk Tuk
Explore the James Bond Island
Quad Adventure in the Countryside
For families or adventurers
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Central located hotel in Bangkok
Boutique resort in Chiang Mai
Hotel with Cambodian style in Siem Reap
Romantic resort in Phuket
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Accommodations for 10 nights
- Flights between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-mtc-7
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 17-Day Private tour to Myanmar, Vietnam and Laos
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 13-Day Private Singapore and Bali Journey of Discovery
- 8-Day from South Vietnam to North Cambodia
- Private Southeast Asia Tours 2023/2024
- Southeast Asia Ports and Shore Excursions
- 12-Day Laos to Vietnam Tour
- 14-Day Myanmar and Thailand Essence Tour
- 12-Day Cambodia and Vietnam Highlights
- 16-Day Private Vietnam and Bali Journey of Relaxation
- Private, Tailor-Made Tours of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam 2023
- 2-Week Vietnam-Cambodia Tour with a Luxurious Mekong Cruise
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2023/2024)
- The Ultimate 4-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary for You! (Expert Advice)
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a Trip to Singapore and Bali for Couples and Families
- Planning a Family Holiday to Southeast Asia? 20 Expert Tips for Christmas 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to Spending Christmas / New Year Holidays in Southeast Asia
- How to Plan a Trip to Thailand and Cambodia (2023/2024)?
- How to Plan a 3-Week Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Couple’s/Family Tour
- 5-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary: 3 Options (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a 10-Day Southeast Asia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit India 2023/2024 & the Monsoon?
- Best Times to Visit Nepal —Guide to Nepal Weather and Travel Experience
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Japan 2023/2024, Best Month
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit Bali 2023/2024 & When is the Rainy Season
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2023/2024 for Great Weather, Low Prices
- Best (& Worst & Cheapest) Times to Visit Thailand 2023 & Rainy Season
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Vietnam and Cambodia 2023/2024, Best Month
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.