This tour is designed for travelers who would like to tick off bucket-list places in China, not forgetting Tibet, as well as Nepal and India — all in under 3 weeks. You would experience the highlights of each country comfortably, while encountering lifestyles and faiths seen nowhere else!.
Starting with China would simplify entering Tibet. However, it is also possible to start with India and end with China, getting to Tibet overland from Nepal. You could even add Bhutan. With us, your personal travel advisor would work out your best itinerary according to your interests and schedule.
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Listen to stories of the royal family in a hidden hall of the Forbidden City.
Make a mini terracotta warrior yourself after witnessing the unbelievable Terracotta Amy.
Unlock stories of the mysterious Dalai Lamas in the Potala Palace
Discover the loneliest lamasery on a Lake Yamdrok Island
Sip a cup of sweet tea at a hidden nunnery behind Barkhor Street in Lhasa.
Feel the strength of belief as you touch exquisite sculptures and flying prayer flags.
Enlighten your own life with a deep conversation with a local Sadhu in Kathmandu.
Take an early morning flight over Mt. Everest — a flight of a lifetime!
Enter the locals' spiritual world with a Ganges boat ride, witnessing their riverfront rituals.
Have a picture in front of the Taj Mahal in Indian traditional dress.
Make accommodation part of the experience by staying in heritage hotels
98.8% Positive Customer reviews among 10,000+
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Wonderful Guides and Experience
Our large group arrived in Bangkok with Tanni as our guide. She was wonderful! An absolute joy to spend time with. She is knowledgeable, kind, and extremely funny. I don’t know what we would have done without her! After Bangkok, we traveled to Chang Mai, where Indy was our tour guide. She was a delight! She is kind, knowledgeable, and so patient. Our trip to Thailand was an adventure of a lifetime and these two women helped make it memorable. I would definitely use Asia Highlights for any future travel in Asia.More
Jessica Bennett, Jun 2023
Guide - Chai
We travelled from Vietnam to Bangkok and were blessed to have a guide named Chai. He was a superb guide and it is a pity we couldn't bottle him and take him home. He was very knowledgeable and an absolute gentleman. He could not have done enough to facilitate us and imparted so much knowledge about the Temples, Buddism and the History of Thailand in general. Not only did he give us a great overview of the past and current ways of living in Thailand but I also feel I came away a much better person having interacting with him. I will carry many of his teachings with me for the rest of my life and know that having met him was a very special blessing in my life.More
Customer, Jun 2023
Our guide Tanni was kind
Our guide Tanni was kind, knowledgeable, funny and beyond accommodating for our group. We felt like we'd made a friend and it enhanced our trip in the most positive way. Everything was coordinated perfectly which is not easy to do in a large traveling group. Excellent experience!More
Marissa Manson, Jun 2023
We are only on day 5 of our 15 day trip…
Our first stop so far was in Hanoi where our guide Trong was just so awesome! He shared about his culture and family life which showing us sites through a city tour. He was so funny making lots of jokes and always made sure we were having fun while learning about everything! He checked on us frequently even when we were no longer with him since we then went on a cruise in Halong Bay! Halong Bay and the cruise on Paradise Elegance went way above anything I expected. The scenery was breathtaking, the ship was so beautiful and clean with such fresh, good food! And I can’t sing enough praise for the staff who took care of us- especially Anna and Belle! They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed every aspect from eating meals with Anna to every other detail with Belle! I highly recommend Asian Highlights to help plan these extraordinary trips! This already has been a trip of a lifetime and we still have so much more to see all thanks to Cathy!!More
Diane Creitz, Jun 2023
Tanni for the win!
14 of my closest friends and family descended upon Bangkok ready to see the town. Asia highlights and Tanni took us on a tour that changed our lives. We experienced so much everyday. Tanni was amazing! She did all the thinking for us, so we all could just be present and enjoy the moment. I can’t recommend this company, and especially Tanni enough.More
Megan McGlynn, Jun 2023
This isn't my first trip with Asia…
This isn't my first trip with Asia Highlights. They are great at helping me plan, working my requests into the itinerary, and booking it all. We travel with friends and just got back from a trip to Thailand and Vietnam. Albee did a great job with all the details and we had a wonderful time. We will use them for our next adventure!More
Katie Potesta, Jun 2023
Although we have not been our trip yet I wanted to still write a review based on customer service and the ease of booking. Alisa has been extremely prompt and responsive with planning our trip to Thailand. She has had great recommendations and guidance to add to our custom itinerary. Highly recommend using Asia highlights! -AlexMore
Alex, May 2023
I have never hear of this company…
I have never hear of this company before , and after reading all these reviews ,I decided to give it a try . The professionalism and communicative skill received by one of the agent , Sharon of Asia Highlights , convince me that She was the right travel agent for my trip in Asia . Very quickly she communicated with me and got all the detail of my desire vacation . Sharon made me a great itinerary with great experiences that I am dreaming to experience and I am looking forward to it . Thanks Sharon for been so great and crafting me a dream vacation with great suggestions.More
orge alvarez, May 2023
Coco Yang worked tirelessly to…
From the moment I landed in Bangkok, Ms Noi Ying was there to welcome me and get me settled into my hotel. We enjoyed several days together touring Bangkok and Kanchanaburi. In Chiang Mai, Mr Ekachai took my son snd I on an amazing trip to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and to visit a community Lanna home, gardens and a hands-on cooking class preparing an authentic Thai meal. Lisa arranged a last-minute speedboat tour of 5 breathtaking islands in Phuket. From start to finish, the guides exceeded my expectations!! Thank you, Asia Highlight!! Debbie WoodsMore
Debbie Woods, May 2023
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful tour for you.
Your journey begins when your flight lands in Beijing. Transfer to hotel and free at leisure for the rest of today.
- Start with the Tian'anmen Square, the biggest city square in the world.
- Explore the Forbidden City with your knowledgeble guide. listen to the stories in a hidden hall which is ingored by most of the tourists.
- Experience the traditional Beijing lifesyle in hutongs in the afternoon.
- Visit the Temple of Heaven in the morming. Learn about how the royal ceremonies have been hold here.
- Walk on the Mutianyu Great Wall which is a less-crowded yet more-picturesque section.
- Appreciate the famous imperial garden in China, the Summer Palace. It is where the emperors used to retreat when fleeing the summer heat.
- Experience the high-speed train of China from Beijing to Xi'an.
- Unlock the secrets of the Terra-Cotta Warriors and Horses with your local expert guide.Travel back in time and put yourself in the Emperor's shoes.
- After the visit, you will have a chance to learn how the terracottas were made with a side-trip to a workshop and make a mini one by yourself.
Take a morning flight to Lhasa, high on the roof of the world. Check in and give yourself some time to adjust to the altitude.
- Pilgrimage to the Potala Palace in the morning. Discover the exquisite murals, decorated statues, and antiques. Listen to stories of the famous King of the Tubo Kingdom and the Dalai Lamas.
- View the palace from four angles selected by Asia Highlights, which will allow you to fully enjoy the beauties of the palace.
- Have a walking tour in the afternoon. Visit Jokhang Temple and explore Barkhor Street
- Take afternoon tea in peaceful Ani Tsangkhung Nunnery. See Tibetan nuns' daily hand work and peaceful life.
- Visit Norbulingka ("Lhasa's Summer Palace") in the morning. Stroll in the park with the local Tibetans
- Enjoy a visit to Drepung Monastery. Learn about the biggest school of Tibetan Buddhism: the Gelug School.
- In the afternoon, visit Sera Monastery. Watch a monks'debate and enjoy their special "debating dance".
- Drive about 2 hours from Lhasa to Lake Yamdrok. View the lake from the popular platform.
- Get off the beaten path with a drive along the lake to a small lamasery on a small island with only one monk. Enjoy an exclusive view of the lake and a picnic there.
Take a flight to Kathmandu, Nepal. In the afternoon, Enjoy your free time to explore the Thamel Street.
- Start your tour from Kathmandu Durbar Square. Observe the spectacular art and architecture of the medieval and modern Malla and Shah dynasties.
- Visit the sacred Hindu shrine Pashupatinath. It is also a crematorium. Have a meaningful conversation with a Sadhu at Pashupatinath Temple.
- Continue to Boudhanath Stupa to feel the piety of Tibetan Buddhism. The eyes on the golden pagoda might impress you a lot.
- Visit the "Monkey Temple" at the end. You will find out how well Hinduism and Buddhism combine there.
- Take a flight over Mt.Everest in the early monring and return to hotel for breakfast.
- Go to Patan to see the most magnificent Durbar Square in the Kathmandu Valley.
- In the afternoon, explore Bhaktapur. Visit the Golden Gate, Palace of 55 Windows, Taleju Temple, Datratra Square, and Pottery Square.
- Fly from Kathmandu to Dheli in the morning.
- See the Qutub Minar, where Qutbuddin Aibak announced the advent of the Muslim sultan.
- Visit Humayun's Tomb, the first great example of a Mughal garden tomb and also the inspiration for the incredible Taj Mahal.
- Start your day by exploring Jama Masjid, a historic and large mosque crowned with three imposing black-and-white marble domes.
- Walk down the sandstone steps into the bustling streets where you will take a rickshaw ride through the Chandni Chowk market
- Drive from Delhi to Agra in the afternoon
- The day begins with an early-morning visit to the perfectly proportioned Taj Mahal which was built as a mausoleum for the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan's favorite wife.
- Visit the Agra Fort, a red sandstone rampart situated on the west bank of the Yamuna River.
- Enjoy a sunset tea/coffee with cookies at a rooftop restaurant with a view of the Taj Mahal.
- Enjoy the colorful mosaics and stone inlays of Itmad-ud-Daula's Tomb, which is often called the 'Baby Taj'.
- Drive from Agra to Jaipur in the afternoon.
- Start your tour with Amber Fort on a hilltop. Appreciate its ornately-carved silver doors, elegant alabaster relief work, and glass inlay. Admire the Sheesh Mahal and its gardens.
- Explore the central area of the 'pink city' of Jaipur. Stop at lovely Hawa Mahal ('Winds Palace'). The arch-shaped windows and colorful glass make people think of a fairytale castle.
- Visit nearby Jantar Mantar Observatory. Marvel at the wisdom of medieval Indian astronomy
- And then head to the City Palace, where you will have a splendid introduction to Jaipur's princely past and its rich history through local art.
- Drive from Jaipur to Delhi aiport and then catch a flight to Varanasi
- Meet the local representitive at the airport and transfer to the hotel
- Take a boat ride at sunrise, when the temples along the river are bathed in soft morning light. See local people going about their daily activities, washing clothes, performing yoga, and giving offerings of flowers.
- Explore Varanasi Old City and visit the Sarnath in the afternoon.
- In the late afternoon, take a boat ride on the Ganges to witness pilgrims performing ancient rituals. When the sun sets, experience the highly choreographed Ganga Aarti ceremony.
Say goodbye to India. Transfer to Varanasi Airport for your flight back home or to the next destination.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
A Romantic Dinner in Amber Fort
Cooking Class in Jaipur
Heena Painting on Hands and Feet
For culture fans
Appreciate Himalayas in a Hidden Resort
White Water Rafting
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Hotel in the center of Beijing
Apartment hotel in Xi'an
Hotel with Tibetan style
Heritage hotel in old Delhi
Hotel with the river view
Heritage hotel in Jaipur
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation for 19 nights
- Flights and trains mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches mentioned in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-17
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 3-Week China and Vietnam Adventure Tour
- 16-Day Japan and China Discovery Tour
- 21-Day China, Laos, and Thailand Discovery
- 3-Week Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan Tour
- Private Southeast Asia Tours 2023/2024
- 13-Day Private Singapore and Bali Journey of Discovery
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 12-Day Laos to Vietnam Tour
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 14-Day Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Mini-Group Tour
- How to Plan a 2-Week Itinerary in Japan and South Korea
- Plan an Awesome Trip to India, Bhutan and Nepal (6 Tips)
- Planning a Romantic Trip to Asia for a Honeymoon/Anniversary
- The Top 10 Places to Celebrate New Year 2024 in Asia
- 2-Week Southeast Asia Itineraries for Couples, Families, and More
- How to Plan a 3-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary
- The Ultimate 4-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary for You! (Expert Advice)
- How to Plan a 10-Day Southeast Asia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- How to Plan an Incredible Family Trip to Japan in 2023/2024
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Southeast Asia 2023/2024, Rainy Season...
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Japan 2023/2024, Best Month
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2023/2024 for Great Weather, Low Prices
- Best (& Worst & Cheapest) Times to Visit Thailand 2023 & Rainy Season
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit India 2023/2024 & the Monsoon?
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit Bali 2023/2024 & When is the Rainy Season
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Vietnam and Cambodia 2023/2024, Best Month
- Best Times to Visit Nepal —Guide to Nepal Weather and Travel Experience
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.