This classic itinerary is specially designed for travelers taking a first trip to Asia for a 2-week vacation. It is a well-received combination of local life experiences in Vietnam and relaxation in Thailand.
From bustling cities and floating markets to historic sites and natural wonders, and from superlative landscapes to atmospheric temples, Thailand and Vietnam have it all!
You will not only see the main attractions, but also hand-picked insider experiences are arranged.
*The cost for a customized private SE Asia tour from US$200/person/day
Thailand and Vietnam Tour Map (Suggested Route)
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Hop on a cyclo and pass through the famed Old Quarter, catching the vibe of city life in Hanoi.
Drift among the unspoiled areas of Halong Bay, on AH's overnight cruise. Our more-private crafts are half the size of the usual group-tour boats.
Paddle a traditional Vietnamese basket boat along the coconut-palm-flanked waterways to learn about the local fisherman's lifestyle.
Enjoy an evening foodie tour, walking around the ancient town of Hoi An, where colorful lanterns light up the night.
Take a sampan ride through the picturesque canals of the Mekong Delta.
See the bustling floating market scene in Can Tho — the biggest floating market in Vietnam, which is more authentic than Thailand's.
Walk into the magnificent Grand Palace and Listen to monk's chanting in Wat Pho.
Spend some days relaxing by the wonderful beaches in Phuket.
98.8% Positive Customer reviews among 10,000+
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Wonderful Guides and Experience
Our large group arrived in Bangkok with Tanni as our guide. She was wonderful! An absolute joy to spend time with. She is knowledgeable, kind, and extremely funny. I don’t know what we would have done without her! After Bangkok, we traveled to Chang Mai, where Indy was our tour guide. She was a delight! She is kind, knowledgeable, and so patient. Our trip to Thailand was an adventure of a lifetime and these two women helped make it memorable. I would definitely use Asia Highlights for any future travel in Asia.More
Jessica Bennett, Jun 2023
Guide - Chai
We travelled from Vietnam to Bangkok and were blessed to have a guide named Chai. He was a superb guide and it is a pity we couldn't bottle him and take him home. He was very knowledgeable and an absolute gentleman. He could not have done enough to facilitate us and imparted so much knowledge about the Temples, Buddism and the History of Thailand in general. Not only did he give us a great overview of the past and current ways of living in Thailand but I also feel I came away a much better person having interacting with him. I will carry many of his teachings with me for the rest of my life and know that having met him was a very special blessing in my life.More
Customer, Jun 2023
Our guide Tanni was kind
Our guide Tanni was kind, knowledgeable, funny and beyond accommodating for our group. We felt like we'd made a friend and it enhanced our trip in the most positive way. Everything was coordinated perfectly which is not easy to do in a large traveling group. Excellent experience!More
Marissa Manson, Jun 2023
We are only on day 5 of our 15 day trip…
Our first stop so far was in Hanoi where our guide Trong was just so awesome! He shared about his culture and family life which showing us sites through a city tour. He was so funny making lots of jokes and always made sure we were having fun while learning about everything! He checked on us frequently even when we were no longer with him since we then went on a cruise in Halong Bay! Halong Bay and the cruise on Paradise Elegance went way above anything I expected. The scenery was breathtaking, the ship was so beautiful and clean with such fresh, good food! And I can’t sing enough praise for the staff who took care of us- especially Anna and Belle! They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed every aspect from eating meals with Anna to every other detail with Belle! I highly recommend Asian Highlights to help plan these extraordinary trips! This already has been a trip of a lifetime and we still have so much more to see all thanks to Cathy!!More
Diane Creitz, Jun 2023
Tanni for the win!
14 of my closest friends and family descended upon Bangkok ready to see the town. Asia highlights and Tanni took us on a tour that changed our lives. We experienced so much everyday. Tanni was amazing! She did all the thinking for us, so we all could just be present and enjoy the moment. I can’t recommend this company, and especially Tanni enough.More
Megan McGlynn, Jun 2023
This isn't my first trip with Asia…
This isn't my first trip with Asia Highlights. They are great at helping me plan, working my requests into the itinerary, and booking it all. We travel with friends and just got back from a trip to Thailand and Vietnam. Albee did a great job with all the details and we had a wonderful time. We will use them for our next adventure!More
Katie Potesta, Jun 2023
Although we have not been our trip yet I wanted to still write a review based on customer service and the ease of booking. Alisa has been extremely prompt and responsive with planning our trip to Thailand. She has had great recommendations and guidance to add to our custom itinerary. Highly recommend using Asia highlights! -AlexMore
Alex, May 2023
I have never hear of this company…
I have never hear of this company before , and after reading all these reviews ,I decided to give it a try . The professionalism and communicative skill received by one of the agent , Sharon of Asia Highlights , convince me that She was the right travel agent for my trip in Asia . Very quickly she communicated with me and got all the detail of my desire vacation . Sharon made me a great itinerary with great experiences that I am dreaming to experience and I am looking forward to it . Thanks Sharon for been so great and crafting me a dream vacation with great suggestions.More
orge alvarez, May 2023
Coco Yang worked tirelessly to…
From the moment I landed in Bangkok, Ms Noi Ying was there to welcome me and get me settled into my hotel. We enjoyed several days together touring Bangkok and Kanchanaburi. In Chiang Mai, Mr Ekachai took my son snd I on an amazing trip to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and to visit a community Lanna home, gardens and a hands-on cooking class preparing an authentic Thai meal. Lisa arranged a last-minute speedboat tour of 5 breathtaking islands in Phuket. From start to finish, the guides exceeded my expectations!! Thank you, Asia Highlight!! Debbie WoodsMore
Debbie Woods, May 2023
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful Thailand and Vietnam tour for you.
Upon arrival, your private guide and driver will greet you at the airport and then drive you to your hotel. The rest of the day will be free for you to explore at your leisure.
- Explore Hanoi's top attractions: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature, and Vietnam Museum of Ethnology.
- Hop on a cyclo (a local rickshaw) and catch a glimpse Hanoi's city life, passing through the famed Old Quarter.
- Conclude your day by watching an entertaining water puppet performance.
- After breakfast, you will be transferred from Hanoi to Halong Bay.
- Board your junk cruise at noon. This smaller craft is both more intimate and authentic than the usual group-tour boats.
- Swim in the emerald waters of Tra Bau in Lan Ha Bay.
- Join in interesting activities on board, such as cooking demonstrations and squid fishing.
- Taste exquisite drinks and savor delicious food on board while enjoying the spectacular views.
- After breakfast, you will be transferred from Hanoi to Halong Bay.
- In the morning, kayak in the Ao Ech area to discover Ha Long's hidden charm — Lan Ha Bay.
- After brunch, transfer from Halong Bay back to Hanoi for your onward flight to Da Nang.
- Upon arrival, your guide and driver will meet you at the airport and drive you to Hoi An.
- At a fishing village near Hoi An, experience the fishermen's lifestyle. Cruise down Cua Dai River and try your hand at casting Vietnamese fishing nets.
- Paddle a unique Vietnamese round basket boat on tranquil coconut-tree-flanked waterways, just as the fisher-folk do traditionally.
- Learn more about Vietnamese culture through its food during an evening specialty-tasting tour.
- Walk around the ancient town and take a boat trip on the Hoai River for a dreamy night surrounded by colorful lanterns — hanging and floating.
- Your private guide and driver will transfer you from Hoi An to Da Nang for your onward flight to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Upon arrival, your HCMC guide and driver will greet you at the airport and drive you to your hotel.
- Take the rest of the day to explore HCM City at your leisure.
- Discover Ho Chi Minh City's turbulent history at its most historic landmarks: Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon, Saigon Central Post Office, and Reunification Palace.
- Continue your tour at the informative War Remnants Museum to learn about "the American War" from a Vietnamese perspective.
- Get an insight into Saigonese lifestyle and culture by tasting a cup of coffee with the locals at a popular street cafe.
- Head to the famous Cu Chi Tunnels, which reflect the hardships and resilience of the Vietnamese resistance fighters.
- Take a 2-hour drive to Ben Tra, visit a local village, and relax as you cycle around.
- Have a leisurely sampan ride on picturesque canals to a local home for an authentic lunch of Mekong Delta specialties.
- Stay overnight in Can Tho — the heart of the Mekong Delta.
- Get up early to see the most bustling floating market in the Mekong Delta.
- As your Vietnam tour comes to its end, your private guide and driver will transfer you to Ho Chi Minh Airport for your onward flight.
- Upon arrival in Bangkok, your new private guide and driver will greet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel.
- Start your day by listening to the monks chanting at Wat Pho, which is one of the oldest temples in Bangkok.
- Take a tuk tuk ride via Pak Khlong Talat Flower Market to the Grand Palace.
- Continue with a long-tail-boat ride along the ancient canals of Thonburi to get a flavor of its local life. .
- Stop at iconic Wat Arun, which was once the grand royal temple of King Rama II, who ruled 1809–1824.
- After lunch at a local restaurant, cross the Chao Phraya River and we'll drive you to Chinatown for a look at Old Bangkok.
- After a leisurely breakfast, our private airport transfer will smoothly connect with your flight to Phuket.
- Upon arrival at Phuket International Airport, our private transfer will bring you to your beautiful hotel.
- You will have two free days to spend at your leisure on Phuket's beaches.
- You could take a speedboat to a nearby tropical paradise: visit the famous Phi Phi Islands, serenely cruise around mystical Phang Nga Bay...
After breakfast, transfer to Phuket International Airport for your departure flight via Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
Tailor-make a Vietnamese ao dai or another dress you like
For birthday/anniversary celebration
See the A O Show in Ho Chin Minh City
For those who like art
Manohra Luxury Dinner Cruise in Bangkok
Explore the Phi Phi Islands from Phuket
For outdoor enthusiasts
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Central located hotel in Bangkok
Hotel with nostalgic style in Hanoi
Central located hotel in Ho Chi Minh
A riverbank resort in Hoi An
Romantic resort in Phuket
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 13 nights
- Flights between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-mtc-4
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 14-Day Myanmar and Thailand Essence Tour
- 14-Day Vietnam and Cambodia Family Tour—Quality Time Journey
- 28-Day Grand Indochina Tour
- 13-Day Private Singapore and Bali Journey of Discovery
- 17-Day Private tour to Myanmar, Vietnam and Laos
- Southeast Asia Ports and Shore Excursions
- 14-Day Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Mini-Group Tour
- 2-Week Vietnam-Cambodia Tour with a Luxurious Mekong Cruise
- 16-Day Private Vietnam and Bali Journey of Relaxation
- 15-Day Myanmar, Thailand and Bali Honeymoon
- Private Southeast Asia Tours 2023/2024
- 8-Day from South Vietnam to North Cambodia
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a Trip to Thailand and Cambodia (2023/2024)?
- Travel to Southeast Asia in Summer 2023: Places to Go, Costs, Weather
- How to Plan a 3-Week Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Couple’s/Family Tour
- 5-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary: 3 Options (2023/2024)
- The Ultimate Guide to Spending Christmas / New Year Holidays in Southeast Asia
- How to Plan a 10-Day Southeast Asia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Entry Requirements, Itinerary...
- How to Plan a Trip to Singapore and Bali for Couples and Families
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2023/2024)
- Planning a Family Holiday to Southeast Asia? 20 Expert Tips for Christmas 2023
- Best Times to Visit Nepal —Guide to Nepal Weather and Travel Experience
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2023/2024 for Great Weather, Low Prices
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit India 2023/2024 & the Monsoon?
- Best (& Worst & Cheapest) Times to Visit Thailand 2023 & Rainy Season
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Vietnam and Cambodia 2023/2024, Best Month
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit Bali 2023/2024 & When is the Rainy Season
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Japan 2023/2024, Best Month
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.