Diwali is one of the most significant and beautiful festivals in India, which is celebrated in autumn. No matter how many stories or legends there are about it, it is always a festival about victory, harvest, happiness, and reunion. This 8-day tour of India's Golden Triangle is designed for the travelers who want to visit the must-see attractions and have an exclusive Diwali festival experience.
In 2023, Diwali falls on November 12th and the main celebrations last from November 10th to 14th. We suggest that you could arrive in New Dehli on Nov.6th and celebrate the Diwali day in Jaipur. However, we can also customize an itinerary according to your interests and schedule.
Suggested Route for a Diwali Tour
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Discover Old Delhi in Chandni Chowk with a rickshaw ride.
Visit the Taj Mahal, the world-famous mausoleum that was built with perfect proportions and exquisite craftsmanship.
Take a tuk tuk to Diwali Market to experience the happy atmosphere when preparing for the Diwali celebrations.
98.8% Positive Customer reviews among 10,000+
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Wonderful Guides and Experience
Our large group arrived in Bangkok with Tanni as our guide. She was wonderful! An absolute joy to spend time with. She is knowledgeable, kind, and extremely funny. I don’t know what we would have done without her! After Bangkok, we traveled to Chang Mai, where Indy was our tour guide. She was a delight! She is kind, knowledgeable, and so patient. Our trip to Thailand was an adventure of a lifetime and these two women helped make it memorable. I would definitely use Asia Highlights for any future travel in Asia.More
Jessica Bennett, Jun 2023
Guide - Chai
We travelled from Vietnam to Bangkok and were blessed to have a guide named Chai. He was a superb guide and it is a pity we couldn't bottle him and take him home. He was very knowledgeable and an absolute gentleman. He could not have done enough to facilitate us and imparted so much knowledge about the Temples, Buddism and the History of Thailand in general. Not only did he give us a great overview of the past and current ways of living in Thailand but I also feel I came away a much better person having interacting with him. I will carry many of his teachings with me for the rest of my life and know that having met him was a very special blessing in my life.More
Customer, Jun 2023
Our guide Tanni was kind
Our guide Tanni was kind, knowledgeable, funny and beyond accommodating for our group. We felt like we'd made a friend and it enhanced our trip in the most positive way. Everything was coordinated perfectly which is not easy to do in a large traveling group. Excellent experience!More
Marissa Manson, Jun 2023
We are only on day 5 of our 15 day trip…
Our first stop so far was in Hanoi where our guide Trong was just so awesome! He shared about his culture and family life which showing us sites through a city tour. He was so funny making lots of jokes and always made sure we were having fun while learning about everything! He checked on us frequently even when we were no longer with him since we then went on a cruise in Halong Bay! Halong Bay and the cruise on Paradise Elegance went way above anything I expected. The scenery was breathtaking, the ship was so beautiful and clean with such fresh, good food! And I can’t sing enough praise for the staff who took care of us- especially Anna and Belle! They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed every aspect from eating meals with Anna to every other detail with Belle! I highly recommend Asian Highlights to help plan these extraordinary trips! This already has been a trip of a lifetime and we still have so much more to see all thanks to Cathy!!More
Diane Creitz, Jun 2023
Tanni for the win!
14 of my closest friends and family descended upon Bangkok ready to see the town. Asia highlights and Tanni took us on a tour that changed our lives. We experienced so much everyday. Tanni was amazing! She did all the thinking for us, so we all could just be present and enjoy the moment. I can’t recommend this company, and especially Tanni enough.More
Megan McGlynn, Jun 2023
This isn't my first trip with Asia…
This isn't my first trip with Asia Highlights. They are great at helping me plan, working my requests into the itinerary, and booking it all. We travel with friends and just got back from a trip to Thailand and Vietnam. Albee did a great job with all the details and we had a wonderful time. We will use them for our next adventure!More
Katie Potesta, Jun 2023
Although we have not been our trip yet I wanted to still write a review based on customer service and the ease of booking. Alisa has been extremely prompt and responsive with planning our trip to Thailand. She has had great recommendations and guidance to add to our custom itinerary. Highly recommend using Asia highlights! -AlexMore
Alex, May 2023
I have never hear of this company…
I have never hear of this company before , and after reading all these reviews ,I decided to give it a try . The professionalism and communicative skill received by one of the agent , Sharon of Asia Highlights , convince me that She was the right travel agent for my trip in Asia . Very quickly she communicated with me and got all the detail of my desire vacation . Sharon made me a great itinerary with great experiences that I am dreaming to experience and I am looking forward to it . Thanks Sharon for been so great and crafting me a dream vacation with great suggestions.More
orge alvarez, May 2023
Coco Yang worked tirelessly to…
From the moment I landed in Bangkok, Ms Noi Ying was there to welcome me and get me settled into my hotel. We enjoyed several days together touring Bangkok and Kanchanaburi. In Chiang Mai, Mr Ekachai took my son snd I on an amazing trip to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and to visit a community Lanna home, gardens and a hands-on cooking class preparing an authentic Thai meal. Lisa arranged a last-minute speedboat tour of 5 breathtaking islands in Phuket. From start to finish, the guides exceeded my expectations!! Thank you, Asia Highlight!! Debbie WoodsMore
Debbie Woods, May 2023
Itinerary in Detail
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful India tour for you.
Namaste! Welcome to Delhi. Your guide and driver will meet you in the arrivals hall and take you to your hotel. After you check in, you will enjoy the rest of the day at your hotel, relaxing and decompressing after your long flight.
- Drive past the Red Fort and have a glimpse of the great empire of India.
- Experience the awe-inspiring grandeur of the largest mosque in India, Jama Masjid.
- Take a rickshaw ride through the bustling Chandni Chowk market which is a great way to absorb the lively sights and sounds of Old Delhi.
- Visit the magnificent Qutub Minar, a testament to the legacy of Qutbuddin Aibak, who heralded the arrival of the Muslim sultans.
- Explore Humayun's Tomb, an architectural masterpiece and the first great example of a Mughal garden tomb.
- In the morning, embark on your journey from Delhi to Agra.
- In the afternoon, visit Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that showcases the ingenuity and artistry of Mughal architecture. As you approach the Taj Mahal, the grandeur of the ivory-white marble building becomes increasingly awe-inspiring, and you will be moved by the emotions that inspired its creation.
- In the late afternoon, make your way to Mehtab Bagh. As the sun begins to set, immerse yourself in the enchanting atmosphere and witness the Taj Mahal bathed in the golden hues of the sunset.
- Explore the majestic Agra Fort, an imposing red sandstone fortress that houses an expansive complex of regal buildings. Admire the intricate stone carvings that adorn the architecture, showcasing the exquisite craftsmanship of the era.
- Constructed with pristine white marble, Itmad-ud-Daula's Tomb is adorned with colorful mosaics and intricate stone inlays. As you explore the tomb, you will appreciate the harmonious blend of Persian, Islamic, and Indian architectural elements.
- In the afternoon, take a leisurely walk in the village near Mehtab Bagh. Afterward, hop on a tuk-tuk for a short ride to the local Diwali Market. As you enter the market, embrace the festive atmosphere, with colorful lights and decorations adorning the stalls.Take the opportunity to browse through various stalls and purchase handmade Diwali Diyas.
- During your journey from Agra to Jaipur by car, you will have the opportunity to make a stop at a village near Jaipur.
- Take the time to appreciate the depth and complexity of Chand Baori, an architectural gem that has stood the test of time. The interplay of light and shadow within the stepwell creates a captivating visual spectacle, making it a favorite spot for photography enthusiasts and history aficionados alike.
- Visit the magnificent Amber Fort, a symbol of grandeur and opulence that will transport you back in time to the era of great dynasties. As you enter the fort, be mesmerized by the grand corridor adorned with elegant pillars, showcasing the architectural finesse of the bygone era.
- Explore the mesmerizing City Palace of Jaipur. Marvel at the elaborate architecture and intricate details that adorn the halls, courtyards, and galleries. Afterward, take a moment to appreciate the stunning Hawa Mahal, also known as the Palace of Winds.
- Head to a local's homestay. Under the guidance of your host, participate in the preparation of a meal consisting of authentic local dishes. Experience the joy of cooking as you learn traditional techniques and recipes passed down through generations.
- Visit the less touristy Nahargarh Fort in the morning for a great view of Jaipur.
- Head to the notable Jantar Mantar, an astronomical observatory that showcases the remarkable intelligence and wisdom of ancient Indians.
- Celebrate the Diwali festival with a local family in Jaipur in the evening. Engage in lively activities, allowing yourself to become fully immersed in the celebratory spirit. The bursts of color and light, accompanied by music and laughter, create a joyous atmosphere that is truly unforgettable.
You will be driven back to Delhi for your flight back home.>
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
A Romantic Dinner in Amber Fort
Enjoy a Memorable Sunset at the Nahargarh Fort
Moonlights Tour of Taj Mahal
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 7 nights
- Private transfers between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-in-81
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 12-Day India and Bhutan Tour
- 7-Day Off the Beaten Path South India Tour
- 14-Day Rajasthan Tour Package for Westners
- 10-Day India and Nepal Mini Group Tour for Xmas 2023
- 7-Day Maharajas' Express Luxury Train Tour
- 9-Day India Golden Triangle with Varanasi
- Top South India Tours, Classic India Tour Packages
- 12-Day Historical and Idyllic South India Tour
- 11-Day India and Nepal Tour
- Weather in India in January: Is It a Good Time to Visit? Where to Go
- Weather in February in India : Cold and Warm!
- Weather in India in March: Good for Travel or Not?
- Weather in India in April: Temperatures and Where to Go
- Weather in May in India : a Good Time to Go?
- Weather in India in June: the Monsoon Begins — OK to Travel?
- Weather in July in India : Too Wet to Travel?
- August Weather in India: Still Rainy? (5 Places to Go)
- Weather in September in India: Rainy or Not?
- Weather in India in October: Best Time for Pleasant Weather
- Weather in India in November — Dry Season Travel
- Weather in India in December: 7 Best Places to Visit in India in December
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.